Saturday, May 2, 2009

Use of distributed FFT for writing fully distributed N-body code for cosmological applications

Yep, that's the topic of the project I am currently working on. Sounds a lil intimidating, doesnt it?
I had my mid-semester project evaluation last Sunday on 15th March. It was supposed to be a wake-up call for all the final years so that we can start searching about the project, if we haven't started already. Well, I have no issues with procrastination this year, thanks to my mentor. *Old news! I saved the draft of this post on March 18 but was too lazy to publish. Some people never change. I didn't take a look at my project for more than a month and now I am in deep shit :D* As I had already made a report and presentation for the evaluation, I thought of sharing them on the blog.
My presentation is embedded in the blog while my midterm report can be found here.

P.S. So its more than a month after I took up my final semester project. I want to blame the procrastination on GSoC but that aint a good excuse. My mentor is mighty pissed and all I can say now is Dear God. One word. Graduation. Amen!

1 comment:

Ishan Chattopadhyaya said...

The presentation is very cool, but a little daunting, of course. Gosh, having gsocers like me wasting your time sure seems detrimental to completion of projects like yours. This weekend shall be great for your project, the stars tell us :-P